Pharmacogenomics is an area of genetic testing that uses information about a person’s genetic makeup, or genome, to choose the drugs and drug doses best suited for each person.
Pharmacogenomics test results become part of a patient’s electronic health record and can be used for future medication prescriptions. It aids clinicians on how to determine the proper medication at the right dose to avoid adverse drug reactions and interactions.
Indications for Testing
- Pharmacogenomics testing can be used for drug and dose selection in psychiatric facilities, pain clinics, oncology centers, and geriatrics
- To assess whether an adverse drug reaction (ADR), non-standard dose requirement, or therapeutic failure could be explained by known drug-gene associations
- The patient has not received relief from their current prescription medication
- The patient takes multiple prescriptions
- The patient wants to be proactive and determine his/her drug metabolism type before taking a new medication
To learn more about our services to accommodate all of your testing needs, please feel free to contact us.