Influenza, or commonly referred to as the flu, is a highly transmittable acute viral infection ranging from mild to severe and sometimes can be fatal.
To determine whether or not you have flu, especially if you are hospitalized, have a weakened immune system, or are otherwise at an increased risk of serious complications from influenza, get the flu test now.
Indications for Testing
Individuals who should be tested during flu season include:
- Immunocompromised and high-risk outpatients with influenzalike illness, pneumonia, or nonspecific respiratory illness
- Hospitalized individuals (including immunocompromised and high-risk persons) with any of the following:
- Acute respiratory illness, with or without fever on presentation
- Acute worsening of chronic cardiopulmonary disease on presentation
- Acute onset of respiratory symptoms during the hospital stay with or without fever
Get in touch with us now to set your appointment.