Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Clinical Laboratory Scientist: (Houston, TX)
Conduct Covid-19 testing, with or without Influenza-A and Influenza-B testing using RT-PCR to determine the presence of 3 viruses. Perform Pharmacogenomics (PGX) testing like Openarray, Single Tube Assay, Copy Number variant and Fragment analysis to obtain meaningful data to help prevent adverse drug reactions and deliver beneficial treatments faster. Perform DNA extraction from buccal swab containing samples and RNA extraction from nasal swab containing samples. Check mutations in gene like SLC6A4 (solute carrier family 6-member 4) with Seqstudio genetic analyzer after digestion with restriction enzyme. Analyze and review data and write reports. Helps evaluate instrumentation needs; compare and select instrumentation. Oversees preventive maintenance and repair of instrumentation. Resolves technical problems and takes remedial actions whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications. Maintain adequate supplies for section and exercise inventory control with the Purchasing Department. Maintain policies and procedures and keep team members informed regarding changes.
- Requires master’s degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry and 2 years of relevant experience. Requires experience in the following;
- Experience with Pharmacogenomic and Covid-19 testing
- Experience in handling RNA and D
- Experience in peptide synthesis and purification
- Working experience with analytical instruments such as LC-MS/MS, HPLC, MALDI-TOF MS, ESI-MS, Plate reader, Typhoon, Microscopy, RT-PCR, DNA fragment analyzer.
- Hands on experience with DNA and RNA extraction from patient samples
- Working experience under OSHA.
- Research and assay development skills
- Experience with instrumental monthly and annual maintenance procedures
Job Type: Full-time
All customers are required to wear a mask, curbside pickup and testing available, common surfaces are sanitized regularly.